Friday 6 January 2012

A CREED FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SUFFERED

A CREED FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SUFFERED




I asked God for strength, that I might achieve. I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey . . .

I asked for health, that I might do greater things.

I was given infirmity, that I might do better things ...

I asked for riches, that I might be happy.

I was given poverty, that I might be wise ...

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men.

I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God .. .

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life. I was given life, that I might enjoy all things ...

I got nothing I asked for--but everything I had hoped for.

Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.

I, among all men, am most richly blessed!

By Nasrullah Khan Achakzai.

No comments: